option to Lock Rotation in viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested option to Lock Rotation in viewing

Currently there are Lock Zoom and Lock Scroll options in viewing image. It would be nice to have Lock Rotation as well.

I have a series of pictures involving some hanging upside down faces from continuous shooting. Since it is hard to read the upside down faces, I view the picture with rotation hotkey (L/R). But the rotation setting doesn’t stick between files, so I have to re-apply the hotkey on every image. My problem is I am relying on displaying pictures in quick succession to spot small differences. Resetting display rotation on every image would break the continuity and comparison effect. I have been turning my head sideway to facilitate.

I think you should be using Exif data to autorotate your images. If someone is hanging upside down, turn the camera upside down to take the shot.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      The shoots are at desired position, I don't want to fix them. I just want to review and compare the pictures to pick the better one, sometimes at an angle to get a better look.
      I could, turn my head, batch edit Exif then revert or create copies of rotated images for review. But none of them is as convenience as Locked Rotation in viewing.

Comment

Working...
      X