Fullscreen video issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fullscreen video issue

I can play video files in the software with no issue, but if I am viewing them in fullscreen the viewer freezes when I attempt to move on to the next file (both in the main viewer and in slideshow mode), and the only way to get out of it is to open task manager and force shut the program.

I have had this issue since updating to windows 10, although everything else is exactly the same; settings, versions etc. I've tried running in compatibility mode to see if that made any difference and it hasn't.

I have this issue on both the 32 and 64 bit versions, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both multiple times, I have tried without additional codecs installed, and with the k-lite codec pack installed, and nothing seems to work.

Thank you in advance if anybody has any advice.

EDIT: I've done some more testing and found out that in a slideshow when viewing videos at smaller size, I can progress to the next file by using the mouse-wheel if the cursor is not over the video, but if the cursor is over the video it freezes the same as in full screen.
    Last edited by carrey22; 07.12.2016, 11:29 PM.

I do not have any problems playing videos in full screen with Windows 10 and can move forward or back at will by pressing the mouse buttons. You need to say which of the video play options you are using - for most movie file types I use the Internal player set to Use DirectShow at Double Size and no Apple Quick Time options chosen. What movie file types do you have problems with?

Unlike previous versions of Windows, in Win10 the mouse actions go to whatever application your cursor is hovering over. So I would not expect the buttons to move on to the next file while the cursor is not over the Irfanview window - the exact opposite of what you describe in your Edit comments.

Comment

If you force to upscale the lower resolution video to match the higher resolution display, the video quality would become terrible. But if you use a program to regulate the resolution from 720p to 1080p, you are ale to playing the video in full screen with high quality.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 17.01.2017, 11:21 AM. Reason: Removed spam link.

Comment

Working...
      X