Canon RAW CR2 - next generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon RAW CR2 - next generation

I don't know whether the IrfanView RAW display runs under the heading of Plugins and whether it has been implemented/maintained by Irfan himself - I'll post it here anyway.

The most recent generation of .CR2-files (e.g. from the 80D model) doesn't display properly, while the embedded preview shows all right.

I've tried IV 4.38 & IV 4.42. Also WinXP and Win7.

Obviously Canon has changed the format, but sadly not the file extension.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IV_CR2_new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	84854

I downloaded the most recent EDSDK.dll from the Canon website and replaced the one in the IV installation, but this didn't help.

Has anyone made this work or would Irfan be the right person to upgrade the IV plugin?

I can upload a sample file to dropbox if that helps.

Thanks,
    jazzman

Edit:
    The above display was under the settings "Try to load CRW/CR2 using Canon-DLLs" disabled!
    When I enable this option I get the error msg "Decode Error! Can't start Canon CR2 DLLs."
    Last edited by jazzman; 18.12.2016, 12:25 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

I suggest sending a report to Irfan Skiljan along with a link to a sample RAW file. There's little that anyone else can do here apart from confirming your results.

The error message: “Can't start Canon CR2 DLLs” indicates that they are not installed in the right place.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      The error message: “Can't start Canon CR2 DLLs” indicates that they are not installed in the right place.
      I checked that. Files/folders are as described in the Readme_Canon.txt

I'll do a write-up and a few screenshots for Irfan later.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
      X