Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Histogram of grayscale .png image incorrect

IrfanView for Windows 10 version 4.42- 64 bit

When a grayscale .png image with white saturation is opened, such as attached image "00017 - LPR.png", its histogram is displayed incorrectly for gray values 128-255, although the display is correct for gray values 0-127.

Histogram in Irfan View (incorrect) : see attached file "Histogram IrfanView.png"
    Histogram in GIMP (correct): see attached file "Histogram GIMP.png"
    Attached Files

Which version of IrfanView are you using? Please fill in your forum profile.

My results with your image look different.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Which version of IrfanView are you using? Please fill in your forum profile.

My results with your image look different.
      I thought it was clear in my original message: IrfanView for Windows 10 version 4.42- 64 bit

Comment

Why do I get different results to you in both 32-bit and 64-bit?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

More info on how to reproduce the bug

I have attached a second, similar image: "00016 - LPR.png"; upload-it and put it in the same directory as "00017 - LPR.png".
          Open "00016 - LPR.png" with IrfanView 4.42
          Display the histogram by pressing Shift-H ; histogram shows correctly.
          Close histogram window.
          Use the right-arrow of the toolbar to switch to "00017 - LPR.png".
          Display the histogram by pressing Shift-H ; histogram shows incorrectly.
          Close histogram window.
          Use the left-arrow of the toolbar to switch-back to "00016 - LPR.png".
          Display the histogram by pressing Shift-H ; histogram shows incorrectly now.

Seems to me that the right part of the histogram, for graylevels 128-255, is not cleared when a new image is loaded, so it contains an accumulation of counts from previous images.
          Attached Files

Comment

Still unable to reproduce the issue here, using the 64-bit version.

Maybe someone else can.

Comment

Working...
            X