Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with Images Showing as Negative (White on Black)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Images Showing as Negative (White on Black)

I'm using IrfanView to assemble several JPG image files into a single multi-page TIF file. This TIF file is then available for our staff to view using a VB6 program that uses Kodak Imaging Professional library. The VB6 program provides controls to navigate the TIF, select the zoom display size, print the image file, and many other functions. In particular, it allows the user to select specific pages that are then saved to a separate TIF file as an extract from the original file.

Now here's the problem. When the extract TIF file is opened for viewing, it shows as negative (white letters on black background instead of black on white). I wonder why this is happening when the original TIF is showing correctly as black on white. Could someone please give me a clue as to why this is happening? Is there an option or setting that I missed when I assembled the JPG files into a single multi-page TIF file using IrfanView? This problem seems to happen only with TIF files that I assembled in this manner but not with TIF files that I received from various other sources.

Your suggestions on how to fix this problem would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try different Save options.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Try different Save options.
      Thanks so much Bhikkhu!

What is the "Save palette for gray scale images" option? I don't have that option checked.

Comment

Working...
      X