Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set the initial view of a desired screen size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set the initial view of a desired screen size?

Usually, when I click on an image file (jpg or png, mostly), IrfanView opens the file and the initial
    view is about two-thirds of the screen top left. I liked that.

I don't know what I changed, but now, when I click on an image file, the initial view is huge. I
    am forced to click on zoom out about 12 times!

How do I lock in the initial view of a desired screen size?

PS: I did look through the FAQ, but didn't see any topic that answered my query.

There's lots of different display options on the view menu. The shortcut key "F" will fit the image to the desktop, or "Shift W" will fit it to the window. I never show the zoom in/out buttons on the toolbar — that's way too slow. The mouse scrollwheel is better.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      There's lots of different display options on the view menu. The shortcut key "F" will fit the image to the desktop, or "Shift W" will fit it to the window. I never show the zoom in/out buttons on the toolbar — that's way too slow. The mouse scrollwheel is better.
      I thought the
      Properties/Settings -> Viewing -> Remember the Window Position and Size on Exit
      would do it. Apparently not.

Display Option (Windows Mode) seems to have done it. Thanks.

>Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Can't. The allowed choices don't include 4.44!

Comment

Originally posted by RogerWest View Post
        >Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Can't. The allowed choices don't include 4.44!
        The choice is now available in the forum profile.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X