No announcement yet.

Imagenomic Noiseware 5.0.3 Adobe 8BF Plugin does not work with IrfanView

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Imagenomic Noiseware 5.0.3 Adobe 8BF Plugin does not work with IrfanView

Hello all,

quite some time ago, I noticed that the Imagenomic Noiseware noise reduction plugin in its current version (5.0.3) does not work with IrfanView. As the recent program updates did not address this, I herewith file a bug report.

Used version: IrfanView 32 bits
    Operating system: Windows 7 64 bits

The plugin (8bf file) can be added to the 8bf plugin list but when selecting this filter in the plugin dialog (of course, with an image loaded into IrfanView), nothing happens. If the "Start selected filter" command is repeated, you get an error message like this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	84860

and IrfanView closes.

The previous version 4.2 of Imagenomic Noiseware works without problems with IrfanView.

Kind regards,

DAC324

There appears on their website to be more than one build version available. Have you got the right one? The top one appears to be for 64 bit Windows only so might be a 64 bit plugin, whereas the second down for 32 bit or 64 bit Windows, I assume, must be a 32 bit plugin and so more likely to work with Irfanview 32bit.

There are a lot of things that still do not work with Irfanview 64 bit and I think that 64 bit 8bf filters may well be one of them. In any case I think you would do better to ask Imagenomic about the problem rather than post here.

I do not use Imagenomic filters myself. They appear to be priced to sell to Photoshop users. Most users of free software like Irfanview tend to choose free 8bf filters too.

Comment

Working...
    X