JPGs suddenly save only in black & white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPGs suddenly save only in black & white

That's weird? I lost 30 minutes on this. I ended up making my first PNG in my 20,000 image collection because it just won't save a JPG in color anymore. The incongruity makes my OCD & sense of order stand up on end!

The JPG options window definitely doesn't come up, at all... Even though it seems like it should.

Hmmm.

I very much doubt if this is a bug.

Look again at the save dialogue to see if you have disabled the JPG options dialogue.

On the JPG options dialogue make sure that you have not enabled "Save as grayscale JPG (Please remember!)
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I had the checkbox for the JPG options menu set, but it never came up.

Comment

Try resizing the Save Picture As.. dialogue. If the JPG Options dialogue has somehow been moved off the screen, resizing the Save Picture As.. dialogue will reposition the Options dialogue at the top right of the save dialogue.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I suspect this is related a setting in batch conversjon options since you mention that many images. In that case, there is another dialog box where you can check "grayscale".
          If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
          X