Slideshow Monitor Selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow Monitor Selection?

I'm sure this question has been asked many times but I couldn't find the solution.

When I drag the Irfanview program window to a specific monitor and then run a Fullscreen Slideshow, it doesn't necessarily run the Slideshow on the same monitor.

Likewise, if I do get the Slideshow running on the desired monitor, and then Save the Slideshow as a self-running .exe file, it will not necessarily display on the original monitor when executed.

Is there any specific way to definitively instruct Irfanview WHICH monitor is the desired display for a full screen Slideshow? And can this be included within a saved Slideshow .exe so that it always shows on the desired monitor?

Thanks!

Greg

The positions of the normal Viewer window and of the Slideshow window are not linked. This is how I believe it works, but try it for yourself.

With a second monitor configured as an Extended desktop you can drag a Viewer window to it from the main one and, assuming you have the option "Remember the last window size/position.." set, the new window position is saved in the [Win Position] block of the initialisation file i_view32.exe/i_view64.exe when you close the program. The window will then go to the same position when you open the program again.

The slideshow window cannot be dragged though. To position that you have to check "Play in Window mode" in the Slideshow dialog and then specify the size and position that you want. The position is relative to the top left corner of the main monitor, so you have to work out where the top left corner of the second monitor lies on the extended desktop and enter that as the X,Y co-ordinates (positive values are right and down but you can use negative X,Y if needed). The set values are then saved in the [Slideshow] block of the initialisation file when you close the program.

If you save the Slideshow as an exe file the window will be displayed in that same position when you run it. So you need to set up the same extended desktop configuration too when you do.

Comment

Working...
    X