Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i able to do some quick and dirty compilations like here in this example?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello dear irfanview-experts,

i want to add some images - and perhaps rotate the images a bit. and put them together like above ..

is this doable with irvanview!?

There must be dozens of programs better suited to this task than IrfanView. LibreOffice Draw, for example. What other programs do you have?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      There must be dozens of programs better suited to this task than IrfanView. LibreOffice Draw, for example. What other programs do you have?
      also gimp and libreoffice - and some others...
      thought that i can do it on the fly with irfanview

Comment

Although there are certainly programs better suited to it, since you ask whether it can be done in Irfanview, the answer is yes it can.

I find that the easiest way to work is to open 2 copies of Irfanview. After opening the first make sure the Display options (window mode) is set to Fit to window and resize to fit comfortably within the left half of the screen. Then open Irfanview again, drag this second window to the right hand side of the screen and open your background image in it.

The idea is to use the left hand window for opening and roughly resizing the smaller images and then copy and paste them, one at a time, onto the background image on the right. Forget about rotating them for now. This is how to put them in upright.
        Hotkeys are the way to do it quickly. You will use Ctrl+A (draw a selection around the whole image), Ctrl+C (copy image to clipboard), Ctrl+V(paste from clipboard), Ctrl+Shift+left click (draw a selection the size of the clipboard image). You will need to move selections by dragging them with the right mouse button held down inside the box and resize them while maintaining the aspect ratio by dragging one of the sides with Ctrl key and left mouse button held down.

Open the first image in the left window, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, resize selection to roughly what you want, Ctrl+V and Ctrl+C again. Ctrl+Shift+Left click in the right hand window roughly where you want the top left corner of the inserted image to be, then resize and/or drag selection to exact position. Press Ctrl+V to paste the image into the selection. Clear the selection by left clicking outside of it. Repeat for each image to be inserted.

To paste a tilted image onto the background press F12 to open Paint dialog in the right hand window. You will be using the Selection tool (Top row, left hand icon) and Straiten/rotate tool (Row 7, left).

Click the straiten/rotate tool and draw a diagonal line with it where you want the left side of a tilted image to be. On releasing the mouse button the whole background image will rotate. You can then click the Selection tool and paste the image upright onto it as before. Repeat the process for any others you want to insert like that and finally use the straiten/rotate tool to draw a line down the left edge of the background image to rotate that upright again.

I recommend that you close the Paint dialog when you have finished before saving the finished picture.
        Last edited by Mij; 19.01.2017, 03:04 PM. Reason: Added a few words for clarity

Comment

Working...
        X