IrfanView not updating file dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView not updating file dates

I have run into a problem with the Windows Modified file date after editing and saving in IrfanView.

The attached graphic shows a before and after screen shot of the Windows File Properties dialog. The one on the left was taken of a file that was edited several times with IrfanView. What is interesting about that one is that the Modified Date is older than the Created Date. I don't know how a file can be modified before it was created (or created after it was last modified). I suspect this is also due to an IrfanView anomoly, but I haven't isolated that yet.

The one on the right is the point of this post. After editing the JPG with IrfanView and saving it, the Accessed Date is modified, but the Modified Date is not. I suspect that this is because IrfanView is doing something wrong during the save operation. I have tested this with several other applications and none of them have this problem.

I am running version 4.42 -- 23 bit on Win XP.
    Attached Files
    Running IV 64 4.52 on Windows 10 with Office 365

This is a democracy (USA) so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Check save dialog options.
    IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

Same problem, but only under Windows 7

Originally posted by RottenImp View Post
      Check save dialog options.
      I have the same problem with both IrfanView 4.36 32 bit and 4.44 64 bit running under Windows 7 Pro X64. The "Save with original date/time" box is unchecked. IrfanView 4.42 behaves normally under Windows 8.1 Pro X64.

Comment

Working...
      X