.jpg or.png file save as .pdf doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved .jpg or.png file save as .pdf doesn't work

SOLVED .jpg or .png screen capture shots cannot be saved as a .pdf file. One of each of these files were made in Windows 7 and then in Linux shutter and transferred to Windows. Is there a solution to this?
    Last edited by ineuw; 10.02.2017, 01:02 PM. Reason: solved
    Irfanview 4.54, Win 10 Pro 64bit 16gb RAM, Intel UHD graphics

Options > Properties/Settings > Plugins > PDF Options > Use new "PDF.DLL for PDF saving (uncheck).

I had some problems with it checked, don't remember which (although they were not critical), in the same scenario (saving .PNG files as .PDF).

GL

Comment

Originally posted by GrofLuigi View Post
      Options > Properties/Settings > Plugins > PDF Options > Use new "PDF.DLL for PDF saving (uncheck).

I had some problems with it checked, don't remember which (although they were not critical), in the same scenario (saving .PNG files as .PDF).

GL
      My apologies, I didn't receive this an email of this reply. Now I posted the same problem again and then saw this post. Under Plugins I have no "Use New PDF .DLL" option. but I installed the correct plugin package.

imPDF.dll is in the Irfanview Plugins folder.
      Last edited by ineuw; 10.02.2017, 02:32 AM. Reason: added more detail

Comment

Originally posted by ineuw View Post
        Under Plugins I have no "Use New PDF .DLL" option. but I installed the correct plugin package.
        The option is under Plugins > PDF Plugins.

Your profile says that you are using IrfanView 4.44 so it should be there, but it's not available for saving if you're using the 64-bit version of IrfanView.

It should not matter how the PDF was created as IrfanView will convert all PDF files to a bitmap on opening them.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That is my mistake. I had to revert to version 4.38 and forgot reset my profile, which is now corrected. Also noticed that the imPDF is in the folder but not installed. Please see the attached screenshot
          Attached Files

Comment

Why did you have to revert to 4.38?

The PDF plugin was introduced in 4.40 so it's not going to work in 4.38. You will have to use Ghostscript.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I can't work with 4.40 because each time I save the image, the paint tool closes. Paint tool is the most important tool in my work and became quite adept with it. PDF is not that important, but I was wondering why is the imPDF.dll included. Also, the failure of saving as PDF occurs only when I paste a screen capture, save it a JPG first and then try to convert it to PDF. that never works. Scanned documents are no problem.

Comment

The plugin is still in the plugins folder because you installed for 4.44 and did not delete it. I guess it's not a problem to leave it there.

Yes. To create a PDF you need to save images to disk first.

Comment

Thanks for the info, and I will mark this solved. I don't want you to waste time on this.

Comment

Originally posted by ineuw View Post
                    I can't work with 4.40 because each time I save the image, the paint tool closes. Paint tool is the most important tool in my work and became quite adept with it. PDF is not that important, but I was wondering why is the imPDF.dll included. Also, the failure of saving as PDF occurs only when I paste a screen capture, save it a JPG first and then try to convert it to PDF. that never works. Scanned documents are no problem.
                    Sound like a struggle. I hope you find Inkscape more useful, it's quite adept compared to simple draw functions.
                    Inkscape is professional quality vector graphics software which runs on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows desktop computers.

If I could - I would have forced you to start using Inkscape instead, because it hurt my mind to read your struggle with using Irfanview in a way it is not really meant to be used.
                    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Sprintdrive, thanks for your concerns and I have Inkscape installed. But my experience is that irfanview is an excellent tool for the cleanup of some 10,000 grayscale drawings and some photos from the 19th century. The learning curve is incomparably easier with Irfanview. I agree that Inkscape is a far more sophisticated tool, and so is Gimp. But not for what I was doing. The PDF issue is of no relevance because I use it very rarely and have many alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                      X