Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cant zoom in to .gif in fullscreen with ctrl + scroll moves to next file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant zoom in to .gif in fullscreen with ctrl + scroll moves to next file.

Hi, when I try to zoom in to a .gif file with Ctrl + Scrolling/Mouse middle wheel, and I'm in full screen, it automatically goes to next file instead. I can zoom in when I'm not full screen. by the way this is a .gif

Use the keyboard shortcuts ± on the numpad.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Make sure you tell us if there is anything unusual about the .gif file you are using as a normal .gif behaves exactly the same as any other image file as far as I can see.

Also are you quite sure that you have Ctrl key pressed all the time that you are moving the mouse wheel.

Ctrl+Mouse wheel always zooms in my experience whatever options you have set.

On the other hand Shift+Mouse wheel or Mouse wheel alone do have dual functions where sometimes the image is scrolled and sometimes it goes to the next file. I find that very frustrating, particularly in Fullscreen mode because which action you get depends on whether or not the scrollbars are visible and you cannot, of course, see the scrollbars in Fullscreen mode.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.02.2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Mij, I assume that the OP is viewing animated gif images. They cannot be zoomed with the scrollwheel in fullscreen mode, only in Window mode.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Mij, I assume that the OP is viewing animated gif images. They cannot be zoomed with the scrollwheel in fullscreen mode, only in Window mode.
          Yes, that seems quite likely, although the OP has not come back to tell us.
          I did not know that + and - on the number pad allowed you to zoom an animated Gif. There appears to be no way to scroll the image up/down or left/right when you have zoomed in though, so it is not very useful.

Comment

Working...
          X