Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to configure colour management?

Hi,
    i have calibrated my monitor and have a ICCv4, matrix type icm profile.

I don't understand what how should i configure the colour management tab in IrfanView to get the colours of the JPG 8-bit images exactly the same as in PhotoShop.

I assume that the "Custom ICC/ICM RGB profile file" option should contain the same sRGB profile that is set in PhotoShop as the "Working space RGB" profile. But the colours in IrfanView are incorrect. What could cause this and how to resolve the problem?

I checked that if i change the monitor profile in Windows then the image in IrfanView does not change. So i assume that IrfanView does not handle it as working space RGB. Then i tried setting the "Current monitor profile" option but there is still a slight difference in the images between IrfanView and Photoshop. Also it does not make a lot of sense to set the "Current monitor profile" option, as the JPG image is in sRGB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photoshop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	84883

Name:	how.jpg
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	84884.
    Last edited by bupthebroker; 06.02.2017, 06:55 PM.

I have "current monitor profile" set and it works as expected. The sample photo and this screenshot have the sRGB profile embedded. (Restart IV to pick the monitor profile.)

Name:	mprof.jpg
Size:	578.1 KB
ID:	81598
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacal View Post
      I have "current monitor profile" set and it works as expected. The sample photo and this screenshot have the sRGB profile embedded. (Restart IV to pick the monitor profile.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4675[/ATTACH]
      Hi, thanks for the comment. I am able to set the profiles, it is just that the image does not appear correctly no matter what i do. The closest to the proper colours i get is when i set the "corrent monitor profile" option but the colours still differ a bit from Photoshop and colour managed Firefox. Perhaps this is not properly implemented in IV?

Also, could someone explain the "current monitor profile" option. It would make sense to configure the colour space of the active image not the monitor profile.

It should work like this:
      1) I open a sRGB JPG image with IV
      2) I tell IV that the image is in sRGB
      3) IV then reads my monitor profile, performs the required conversions and displays the image with proper colours.

Comment

Working...
      X