Irfanview 32-Bit Ver.4.44 crashes with USP10.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Irfanview 32-Bit Ver.4.44 crashes with USP10.dll

I've started getting crashes with Version 4.44 of the 32-bit version Irfanview. I've been able to replicate it. It generally happens when I open an NEF image file in Irfanview by double clicking on it, make some change like Auto Adjust Colors and not save the file. If I select another image file to open by double-clicking on it, Irfanview rapidly generates about 20 or so "Save Changes?" dialog boxes and then crashes. The Windows Error dialog box pops up with the following information.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: i_view32.exe
    Application Version: 4.4.4.0
    Application Timestamp: 5857b80a
    Fault Module Name: USP10.dll
    Fault Module Version: 1.626.7601.23585
    Fault Module Timestamp: 58121b44
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00035178
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 3483
    Additional Information 2: 3483ee7121a16207a249322c091b709d
    Additional Information 3: eed8
    Additional Information 4: eed84cb241d3d9e2afda10abeed514b8

After I select Close The Program, Irfanview reopens with the second image. (I have my options to allow only one instance of Irfanview). I've been able to reproduce the crash with NEF as well as JPG files. Here are the steps I've used to reproduce the issue.

Set Irfanview options to have only one instance if IV active and the file type association to Irfanview)
    Open an image file in Irfanview by double-click
    From Menu click on Image then Auto Adjust Colors (or Sharpen or something that modifies the image). Do NOT save the image.
    Now double-click on another file.
    Irfanview crashes.

I also checked this by opening the files through the menu commands. The program doesn't crash, however, I never get the dialog box to save the previously modified image.

Anyone else run across this issue? I'm running Windows 7 Home with 16mb of RAM.

I can reproduce the issue if "Only 1 instance of IrfanView is active" in settings.

If you're editing RAW images, it would be better to use the 64-bit version if you have a 64-bit OS. Then insufficient memory is less likely to cause such problems, though if someone has only a 32-bit OS with less RAM, they have fewer options.

They should load files from the File, Open menu.

You can use the 64-bit version.

Feel free to report the bug to Irfan if you wish. (Help, About IrfanView)
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.02.2017, 09:36 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have a 64-bit system and will go back to the 64-bit version, but I had stopped using that version because I was getting various crashes. But that was an early version. Anyway. thanks again for the response.

Comment

This same problem happens with the 64-bit version also. It also doesn't seem to matter what format file as it crashes with png and jpg formats also. I reported the bug through the help|about menu as suggested.
        Last edited by n3306tx; 28.02.2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Just an update that Irfan responded and is working on a fix. This issue was not happening with previous versions that I had used.

Comment

Working...
          X