X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Re-introduce a setting in Pixelize effect

Dear Team,

In the last 5-6 years Irfanview became my main pic viewing and basic editing program at my home computer and at my work too. Many thanks for that!
    I like the features and the possibilities.
    I work on Commodore 8bit retro programming, especially GFX. In te past it was possible to define the Pixelize function the shape of one pixel (2x1, 3x3, etc), but in the new version it can be only square.

If you know the 8 bit commodore platforms, you may know, that the multicolor picture format utilized 2x1 pixels, and that feature was VERY USEFUL on any JPG/BMP before conversion to 8bit.
    (scale to 320x200 resolution, then pixelize it to the exact 160x200 resolution the 8bit machine need)
    Since this function disappeared, I cannot use Pixelize function any more for this task, but use other, more time consuming tricks to reach the same result.

My request would be re-introduce the pixel size adjustment in the Pixelize function.
    Thank you for your kind support in advance!

I cannot see old features being reintroduced. Maybe there's a plugin filter to do this?

What's stopping your from using the older version for doing this job?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

1) I do not exactly know from which version onwards the function disappeared, it was really several years ago. I have no intention to install and uninstall dozens of versions.
      You must know how much trash such activities leave in Windows.

2) Actually I like the new features of the latest versions, just miss ONLY this one.

3) Why, does it hurt anyone? It is just an extra setting, like in the good old days :-)

Comment

OK, it seems that one month silence after a not too supportive comment was enough to conclude it will not happen.

After some hours of search on the net gave the answer, that GIMP has this feature (I have Paint.NET, Autodesk Pixlr, Adobe Sketchbook, but none of them has the feature I need).
        I installed it and works perfectly.

So no further efforts(...) required.

Comment

Working...
        X