add dpi value to images pasted from clipboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded add dpi value to images pasted from clipboard

I often use Irfanview to make simple edits to screenshots, and then send those through email or paste in a document.
    I use Microsoft office applications, which expect images to have a 96dpi setting in order to show them in actual size.
    If I don't go and manually set this value, though, when I try to paste this image into, say, outlook or word, it's pasted slightly too large (and hence, blurry) since it's assumed to be in 72dpi.
    Would it be possible to have Irfanview apply a value of 96dpi to any newly pasted image? either automatically or through a user-changeable setting.

I don't see why it should not be possible. If you want an instant solution, get yourself a copy of FastStone Capture 5.3 (the last freeware version is available from my review page), and use that for annotating screenshots.

After capturing a screen shot, and editing it, press the copy button before pasting it into Word. If you want to use IrfanView for editing, press the copy button, then launch it in IrfanView, and paste it into IrfanView. It will already be @ 96 dpi or 300 dpi if you don't click on copy first, but just launch IrfanView directly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.02.2017, 10:02 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You can create a Windows shortcut that opens the clipboard image in Irfanview. The target (in the shortcut) would be the path to irfanview.exe, a space, then the command line options /clippaste /dpi=(96,96). Clipaste pastes the clipboard contents into Irfanview and dpi sets the desired resolution. The trick is to make this convenient to use. Try placing the shortcut on the desktop and setting an easy to remember shortcut key, perhaps Alt+Shift+V. After you copy an image to the clipboard, type Alt+Shift+V. It will open in Irfanview with a resolution set at 96 dpi.

Comment

Working...
      X