No announcement yet.

No thumbnails - No browsing - Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved No thumbnails - No browsing - Help!!

Hi,
    I have a fresh installation. This morning I browsed some pictures, and then I edited some preferences.

When I went back to the images, I couldn't browse them anymore! The usual blue arrows in the commands ribbon are grey. If I open the thumbnail window, there is no image, even the one I'm viewing is missing.
    I tried to undo every edited preference, but it didn't fix the problem. Maybe I forgot the right one.

Can you suggest what may have happened?

(I have the same problem with Irfanview 64bit in Ubuntu 16.04, but with the default preferences)

It's me again.

I used "Search" (Ctrl-F) in the thumbnail section. The search found the images in the folder, and when I clicked "Show in Thumbnails", I could see all the thumbnails as before.

If I double-click on one of them, though, I can view it but I still can't browse. (the arrows are blue! But they don't work!)

Comment

There it is!

It's the "View all files in directory" option. Now I can browse.
      When I unchecked it, I thought it would avoid browsing the non-image files (I know that option is somewhere, but I should use another thread to ask).

I must check if I can solve the problem in Ubuntu, too!

Comment

See the Extensions tab in Settings to exclude file types from browsing.

I was not aware that IrfanView could run on Ubuntu. It's a Windows program.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

In Ubuntu, it runs on the Wine emulator. I think I'll post a thread about that.
          Thank you.

Comment

It has been many years since I last ran Irfanview through Wine in Ubuntu but back then I think that the "Load only associated types.." option under Extensions would not work. The "Load custom file types..." option worked OK though.

PS. Back in those days the Linux community got very upset if you called it the Wine "emulator". "Emulator" is what the "e" in Wine stands for.

Comment

Working...
            X