substitute for PAUSE key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

substitute for PAUSE key

I am a longtime (> 10 years) user of Ifranview, it has always been and still is the best. I have recently started using a MS Surface Pro 4 tablet, which uses a less-than-full-size keyboard. The keyboard does not have a Break/Pause key so I cannot pause automatic slideshows. The ability to pause a slideshow is a critically important feature.

After closely looking through Help, I cannot find a substitute for Pause key to temporarily stop an automatic slideshow. Has anyone else found a solution to this problem?

Many manufacturers of tablet-style PCs like the Surface Pro have dropped the Break/Pause key from their compact keyboards, so I suspect this problem will become more common for Ifranview users int the future.

I am happy to add this as a Feature Request, that is, if no solution currently exists perhaps an alternate key combination (like ALT + SPACEBAR, or SHIFT+ALT+P) could be added to next version to allow pausing an automatic slideshow when there is no Pause key.

Chris M

The help file says that the Q key will pause a slideshow.

Full screen or Slideshow mode:

• Left button click Load previous image in the directory
    • Right button click Load next image in the directory
    • CTRL + Right click If video playing: show video context menu
    • Left button click ... in the upper left or right screen corner = close full screen.
    • C Center image on screen, On/Off
    • F Change/loop the full screen display/fit option
    • Q Pause a timer slideshow
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.02.2017, 05:55 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks. I went through Help several times looking for an alternate key, but somehow missed the Q for pause. I'm embarrassed.

For what it's worth, while looking for a alternate solution, I also tried 'SHIFT + A'. Help says: 'Shift+A: Start/stop automatic viewing (slideshow in window)'. However, I couldn't get that to work. I started a slideshow in window mode (X-pos,Y-pos both set to 100, WxH = 1024x800), but Shift+A does not seem to do anything. Based on that description, I would expect Shift+A to pause (or stop) it, but I can't get it to do anything. Unless I am misunderstanding the function of Shift+A, might this be a bug?

Thanks

Comment

Just open an image (from a folder with multiple images) in the viewer and press Shift+A.
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
        X