individual plugin size / date vs. plugins included in Iview installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

individual plugin size / date vs. plugins included in Iview installer

I installed IV (English) 4.44 in the previous IV folder. It installs many but not all plugins. It went fine.

Thinking there were at least a couple of plugins in IV_Formats & IV_Effects not included in the basic installer package, I D/L those 2 from Irfanview site & installed.
    There aren't any dates or version numbers listed on the *individual* plugin package downloads, AFAIK. Nor if you look at the archives' properties, so it's hard to know how new the set of files is.

Some plugin dlls in the individual packages had newer modified dates & diffferent file sizes than the IV 4.44 package. (I'd think latest IV installer would have latest plugin versions).
    Others in the plugin packages had much older dates than the IV package - by several years, but file sizes were identical to IView installer. Looking like they were old files ('07, '09) but IView installer changed their last modified date to 6/30/15.

Of those, some older dll's from plugin packages were considerably bigger or smaller than in the IView installer. Some were different dates, but identical sizes,

I didn't want to install all plugins cause I'll never use some. More plugins often = more conflicts. But I'm confused about the wide variance of plugin dates.
    If the individual plugin packages hadn't been updated in a while, that wouldn't explain some files being newer (& larger) than the same files in the installer package.

Or maybe the individual plugin packages are somewhat updated, just not completely? Any thoughts on this?

I never think about it. I just install the new plugins for the new version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X