Discover wrong suffix and covert to jpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discover wrong suffix and covert to jpg

As I experience Irfanview is able to recognize wrong suffixes and offers to rename the files in these cases.

I probably have several of such files in my directory-structure of thousands of jpgs.
    I would like to convert those with wrong suffixes to jpgs without the need to open each individual file.

Is there a way with irfanview and the commandline-options to build a script that works recursive on all folders, detects jpgs with wrong suffixes and covert them to jpgs?
    Irfanview 4.54 - 32 bit

Originally posted by poldi View Post
    I would like to convert those with wrong suffixes to jpgs without the need to open each individual file.
    You don't need to open any of them. Just quickly scroll through each folder until you encounter an error, then allow IrfanView to rename the file.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      You don't need to open any of them. Just quickly scroll through each folder until you encounter an error, then allow IrfanView to rename the file.
      What do you mean by scroll?
      I think Irfanview has to look into the pictures to decide if they have a suffix that does not match the format?

By the way:
      I am am talking about pictures in more than 20.000 files in subfolders and even more subfolders because not every subfolder has a picture. So a batch possibility to check the files recursively would be very convenient.
      Irfanview 4.54 - 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by poldi View Post
        What do you mean by scroll?
        I think Irfanview has to look into the pictures to decide if they have a suffix that does not match the format?
        Browse the folder using the next/previous file buttons.

Yes, IrfanView needs to look at the file, but you can browse a folder of 1000 images in a few minutes.

Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Browse the folder using the next/previous file buttons.

Yes, IrfanView needs to look at the file, but you can browse a folder of 1000 images in a few minutes.
          Yes, I thought that you were referring to this feature but it is not really an alternative for my situation.
          I don't have only some folders with thousands of images in them. I have thousands of folders with only 1-8 images in each folder and in a folder-structure of 3-4 levels.
          It is the folder-structure of my music-library with images of artists and coverart in folders.
          Irfanview 4.54 - 32 bit

Comment

1. Open the thumbnail viewer
            2. Options, Load thumbnails from all subfolders
            3. Press and hold the Ctrl Right Cursor shortcut.

Comment

Working...
            X