This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

png to ico

I have recently downloaded some .png files and wanted to convert them to .ico files. I went to http://icoconvert.com/ and converted them. Then I put the icon in the folder and it looks smaller then the original png file. The dimensions are the same but the png takes up the whole square and the icon takes up a lot less. I'm really bad at explaining so here's a picture of what I mean:Click image for larger version

Name:	df9cc66c-5318-4a6e-b7f9-530141e83f6a.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	84887
    I just want to know if there's any way to make them look the same?
    I posted this question somewhere else and a person recommended this software and I should post my question on this forum for help.

Irfanview can save your png image as an .ico file, just by using "Save as" and selecting the desired file type.

The forum won't let me upload an .ico file, so I've zipped it.
    bomberman.zip

See if that's what you're looking for.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

There's a problem with using IrfanView to create icons as it only supports 24-bit. They really need to be saved in 32-bit format with alpha transparency.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You can save using a transparent color in 24-bit format.

Comment

Working...
        X