Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to contribute to Irfanview Website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to contribute to Irfanview Website.

Hi,
    I'm a big fan of IrfanView

Is Irfanview main website (www.irfanview.com) welcome for contribution?
    If so, I want to offer to redesign and rebuild Irfanview website.

I have created an initial design concept.
    EDIT:design url has been removed.

Hopefully, it will be more modern and mobile-friendly website.

I have tried to contact Irfan directly at irfanview at gmx dot net but got no response so far.
    Not sure if I can't reach him via email and I wonder if i can do it through this forum.

Regards,
    Shinta
    Last edited by shinta_c; 09.03.2017, 01:41 AM. Reason: Obfuscation of email address to avoid spam, design url has been removed

Irfan Skiljan receives a lot of emails, but that's the best way to contact him. He doesn't visit this forum as far as I know. It's a user-to-user forum.

If it was me, I would not take too kindly to offers to redesign my web sites. It's likely to be seen as spam from someone touting for business. No doubt if he wanted to redesign the site he could easily afford to hire a professional to do it.

I don't understand the current obsession with mobile sites. You cannot use IrfanView on a mobile phone, so why design the IrfanView web site to suit one?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I understand the situation and all is good. Thanks for the answer :-)

It because Irfanview is free (for personal use), and i like FOSS contribution.
      Like any other contribution like creating plugins, translation, etc, and it just my specialization is web design/development.

As for mobile site, I agree that it's not a critical point for site like Irfanview. But modern website expected to be well viewed in any screen.

Comment

Working...
      X