Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported New folder creation

Hello there,
    I would like to report about letter coding bug. When you try to save image via "save as", and create new folder in save dialog window, I could not properly name newly created folder in my language (russian), it show some strange symbols. You could properly name folder in english, but not in other langauge.
    I encountered such issue in different situations in different systems. Now it's Windows 7 Pro, IrfanView ver.4.36. Could somebody advice if such bug could be fixed or if it's fixed in later versions already.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	84889

You need to enable the Unicode plugin in Settings, Language, but this only works in the 32-bit version. I recommend upgrading to the latest version 4.44, but this is also the case for all previous IrfanView 64-bit versions.

Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:
    1. Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
    2. Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
    3. Needs less disc space
    4. All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
    5. The Unicode and many Adobe 8BF PlugIns can't work on 64-bit
    6. Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)

Notes:
    You can install both versions on the same system, just use different folders. For example: install the 32-bit version in your "Program Files (x86)" folder and the 64-bit version in your "Program Files" folder (install 32-bit PlugIns to IrfanView-32 and 64-bit PlugIns to IrfanView-64, DO NOT mix the PlugIns and IrfanView bit versions)
    The program name and icon have some extra text in the 64-bit version for better distinguishing
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 06.03.2017, 08:55 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X