Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening files via URL in Irfanview

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a plugin or option to open images that could be viewed in a browser in Irfanview.

The reasoning behind this is that my PC is pretty old (over a decade, unable to afford a newer one), and my friends link me multiple images a day, and most of the time I am not using my browser. It would be convenient and very easy to open Irfanview, pop in a link, view the image, and then continue what I was doing without having to wait roughly a couple of minutes to open a browser only to close it after about 10 seconds.

I know this may seem petty or unnecessary to some, but it would save a lot of trouble and frustration on my end. Thanks for your help.

Note: I'm not very savvy with the command line.

I never tried this before, but it can already be done from the File Open dialogue in IrfanView.

Just copy the URL (e.g. http://www.softerviews.org/IrfanViewLogo.png) and paste the full address in the filename field of the File Open Dialogue. Clicking on Open will download the file to a temporary folder and open it in IrfanView.

This will change the active path if you go to open another picture from your local drive before restarting IrfanView. Use the Recent Folders drop list to select your usual pictures folder.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.03.2017, 08:44 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X