Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extract files from multi pages tiff file

Hi,

I'm trying to use IrfanView to extract all pages from a multi-page tiff file.

However, the file size of extracted page is quite large. For example, the file size of original multi-page (24 pages) tiff file is 9MB; the file size of 24 extracted files are 39MB in total. The extracted page is save as tiff file and save compression is LZW.

Is there any way to solve the problem?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	extracted.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	84894Click image for larger version

Name:	original.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	84893

The best compression method to use depends on the image data. If it is photos, then use JPG. If it's text, use PNG.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      The best compression method to use depends on the image data. If it is photos, then use JPG. If it's text, use PNG.

Hi,

Thank you for you advice.

However, there are some limitations that I have to extract files into tiff images.

Is there any settings that I can use to reduce the file size when extracting multi-page tiff file?

Comment

If you have to extract as TIF try the different TIF save options, and use whichever compression method best suits the image data. For photos use JPG, if it's text, try LZW or Packbits, or Zip.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X