Speedy gifs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Speedy gifs

From time I've updated InfranView from version 3 to 4 some gifs are played with lightning speed.

How to Report Bugs Effectively
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

A lot to read lol. I don't really know how to put it otherwise. Gifs should be played slowly how they were programmed. I've made even my own gif some time ago and it was played normally by infranview. Browser for example doesn't have any problems with playing it normally. Now when I open them with new version of infranview they are played extremely fast so I can't see much.

Comment

Please see this earlier thread.

Since you have not provided a sample file, nor told us which version you were using before (What does 3 to 4 mean?), what are we supposed to test?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I don't remember what version I was using before^^. I have an install file from version 4.35. Maybe I was using that one. I didn't updated it for few years so I won't tell for sure. Check my avatar for a file sample^^. As for the thread, it seems that is something wrong with the searcher in this forum that doesn't show me any results, so I couldn't read it earlier. It seems to be the same problem though. So IrfanView developers don't want to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by maxoku View Post
            I don't remember what version I was using before^^. I have an install file from version 4.35. Maybe I was using that one. I didn't updated it for few years so I won't tell for sure. Check my avatar for a file sample^^. As for the thread, it seems that is something wrong with the searcher in this forum that doesn't show me any results, so I couldn't read it earlier. It seems to be the same problem though. So IrfanView developers don't want to fix it?
            What's there to fix? Your animation has a frame rate of 1ms, that's why it is fast. I just opened it in Serif PhotoPlus X8, which can edit GIF animations and exported it at a more reasonable 100ms. Or, you can control the Speed in IrfanView with Ctrl + Shift + -/+

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar 100ms.gif
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	81623

Stop blaming others for your own mistakes. The forum search works just fine. I did a search of bug reports for "Animation" to come up with the link that I provided.

If you don't know something, feel free to ask, but do not conclude that something is wrong without even asking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Search Forum.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	81624
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.03.2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Well, I don't how it happened that it was set to 1ms when I set it to 100ms and while both InfranView and Firefox played it properly I left it this way. Nevertheless it's only a sample, a lot of gifs are the same and Firefox and earlier InfranView plays it properly. And I'm not blaming anyone. I've put a gif to search and it didn't work. Good thing is that shortcut to change the speed. About a fixing thing is that it could automatically play it on 100ms like Firefox or have an option to set the min. speed. Well I'll go and make a request lol. Thanks anyway for your help, but you could be little nicer^^.

Comment

Originally posted by maxoku View Post
                As for the thread, it seems that is something wrong with the searcher in this forum that doesn't show me any results, so I couldn't read it earlier.
                Unfortunately the forum search ignores very short words and just searching for "Gif" will not find anything. Try using a Google Search instead. I typed Irfanview Gif into Google and got several suggested words to follow including speed. Choosing that showed me this post of course plus a list of 4 old ones and a further link to search for more

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                  Unfortunately the forum search ignores very short words and just searching for "Gif" will not find anything. Try using a Google Search instead. I typed Irfanview Gif into Google and got several suggested words to follow including speed. Choosing that showed me this post of course plus a list of 4 old ones and a further link to search for more
                  Or, just search for "gifs"

Comment

Working...
                  X