Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory not released on 64bit version while converting PDF2TIFF files

Hello,

As shown in the title of this post , the software crashes after some files have benne converted due to max memory computer limit overflow.

My pc is 8 Gb RAM and core i5 --> irview process ran till 5.5 gb ram used before crashing.

The 32-bit version works well on that feature...maybe it's due to 64bit plugin not full operationnal.

Many thanks if it could be fixed..
    Stephane

Unable to reproduce here. I tried with a 253 page, 43 Mbyte PDF, saving it as a 130 Mbyte multipage TIF with JPG compression.

I used IrfanView 4.44 64-bit, the plugin installed is PDF.DLL 4.43.

Check that you have installed the right plugins in the right folder, and tell us more about the size of the file that you're trying to convert and the DPI that you're using in Settings, Plugin Options.

I started with 96 dpi, then tried with 300 dpi. RAM usage is less than 100 Mbytes, but I got a TIF save error on the second run. I then tried 200 dpi, and it saved OK this time at 338 Mbytes.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.03.2017, 09:38 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello,

I used IrfanView 4.44 64-bit, the plugin installed is PDF.DLL 4.43 also

In Tiff advanced options, i use : change color depth --> 2color ( B/W ) 1 BPP with 2 boxes checked (floyd dithering and best color quality), no dpi value is set, and apply change to all pages..

Same behaviour on win 7 64bit and 2008 server with last version of irfanview and pluggin

Regards,

Stephane

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Unable to reproduce here. I tried with a 253 page, 43 Mbyte PDF, saving it as a 130 Mbyte multipage TIF with JPG compression.

I used IrfanView 4.44 64-bit, the plugin installed is PDF.DLL 4.43.

Check that you have installed the right plugins in the right folder, and tell us more about the size of the file that you're trying to convert and the DPI that you're using in Settings, Plugin Options.

I started with 96 dpi, then tried with 300 dpi. RAM usage is less than 100 Mbytes, but I got a TIF save error on the second run. I then tried 200 dpi, and it saved OK this time at 338 Mbytes.

Comment

It's not clear to me what you're doing. You have to set a dpi for opening PDF files. Are you running a batch conversion, or just saving a single PDF file?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          It's not clear to me what you're doing. You have to set a dpi for opening PDF files. Are you running a batch conversion, or just saving a single PDF file?
          I use batch conversion and no dpi value is set.

With 32-bit version , there is no pb for converting pdf files on my PC.
          _ On my 2008 server , some Pdf files can't be load due to gs32.dll called. Ghostscript is not installed on my Pc and it's fare working, and all Pdf files are converted.

With 64-bit version, i have the memory crash on both machines.

Last thing, the irfanview installer v4.44 32bit and pluggin v4.44 are not lauching on my 2008 server. (strange) i have to downgrade to version 4.40..

regards,
          Stephane

Comment

Working...
          X