Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dismissing "Image Properties" dialog with Esc key quits full-screen mode unexpectedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Dismissing "Image Properties" dialog with Esc key quits full-screen mode unexpectedly

This happens in version 4.44 32-bit and 64-bit, but it wasn't an issue in older versions at least up through 4.42.

Summary: After viewing EXIF info in full-screen mode, pressing the Esc key twice (to dismiss the EXIF Info dialog and then the Image Properties dialog) causes an exit of full-screen mode.

Reproduce as follows:
    1. Open a JPEG image that contains EXIF data.
    2. Enter full-screen mode via any method (View menu -> Full screen or Enter key or double-click the image).
    3. Press the "I" key for Image Properties.
    4. Click the "EXIF info" button.
    5. Press the Esc key. The EXIF Info dialog is dismissed.
    6. Press the Esc key again. The Image Properties dialog is dismissed and also full-screen mode exits.

Please note that if from Image Properties you press either "IPTC info" or "Comment" button and then press Esc-Esc, it does not cause full-screen to exit. It only happens after viewing EXIF info.

Also please note that pressing Alt-O or clicking the OK button to close Image Properties works fine, but these methods are less convenient than simply pressing Esc.

I can confirm this behaviour on my IV 4.42 - However when skipping "I" for Info and pressing "E" for Exif instead, ESC works as you expect and full-screen is retained.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I see same behaviour, that @jazzman has described, with 4.44/32-bit on Win10/64-bit.

The two info panes are different anyway, Exif info allows switching images, this would be convenient also with Image properties info.
      IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

It looks to be just a question of where the focus moves to.

When you press I the focus switches to the Information dialog window. When you then press E it switches to the Exif dialog window.
        Press ESC or move to another image and the focus moves to the image. It never returns to the Information dialog window unless you click there.
        Pressing ESC with the focus on the image does trigger both of its possible actions - to cancel the fullscreen mode and to close the Information dialog.

It clearly could be designed to behave differently but I do not think you could call it a bug.
        Last edited by Mij; 19.03.2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X