Cannot cycle images in some directories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot cycle images in some directories

In some directories, Irfanview is unable to jump to next / previous images - the corresponding buttons do nothing, and on the toolbar they are greyed out.

What is weird, is that it happens only in very few cases, with folders containing japanese symbols.
    For most of them it works, but for some it does not.

I do use x32 version with Unicode plugin loaded.

I checked several other image viewing programs, including the default one for Windows 7 - all of them are able to cycle images in the folder in question without issues.
    Only Irfanview exhibits this problem.

up, the problem still persists, anyone know how to fix it?

Comment

Try renaming the folder to see if it is the Japanese folder name, or due to some other reason.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Try renaming the folder to see if it is the Japanese folder name, or due to some other reason.
        It is, I already written it in my 1st post. Some folders work, others don't.
        All the other image viewing / editing programs that I've tried can change images in the same folder without problems.

I cannot rename the folder since another program tracks it based on its original name.

Thing is, I remember this problem existing as far back as 3-4 years ago... thought it would be fixed by now
        Last edited by White Spirit; 02.04.2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X