Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom /slideshow image name

Hello,

Is it possible to add custom names to items in /slideshow command line file?
    Example:
    Code:
    D:\Desktop\images_folder\image_01.jpg|[COLOR="#0000FF"]Dog[/COLOR]
    D:\Desktop\images_folder\image_02.jpg|[COLOR="#0000FF"]Cat[/COLOR]
    D:\Desktop\images_folder\image_03.jpg|[COLOR="#0000FF"]Monkey[/COLOR]
    Thanks

As far as I can tell from looking at the help file, you can display the IPTC caption tags in the slideshow, so as long as you first tag each file with the IPTC Caption that you want, then you can display it in the slideshow.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I see, but I would like to leave the images untouched, no tagging etc.
      This would be a good feature to add in the future.

Comment

So, what do you want the tag that you have added to the filename to do?

Comment

@Mij,
          I want to run IrfanView via command-line to show a slideshow of entries in a text file, but I want to display custom text for each item, not real file name or meta data (hard-coded info).
          Example:
          when viewing item "D:\Desktop\images_folder\image_01.jpg" it will display "Dog" text under it.

Comment

OK logic. There are a few things to point out to you. You talk about using this in a command line containing /slideshow. There are 2 versions of this command /slideshow=folder and /slideshow=txtfile.
            If you use the first version and have files in the folder with names like you suggest, then windows would throw them out.
            If you use the second form and enter file names like you suggest in the text file then Irfanview will throw them out.
            Also a slideshow is usually full screen, so there is nowhere below it that you can put a title.

So what options do you have? The only thing I can suggest is that you put the command line in a script file that accepts your data as a text file and that the script file modifies each of the file names before submitting them to Irfanview.

So for example the file D:\Desktop\images_folder\image_01.jpg is temporarily renamed D:\Desktop\images_folder\Dog.jpg and the list submitted with that name in it. Then after the slideshow is finished the file D:\Desktop\images_folder\Dog.jpg is renamed back to D:\Desktop\images_folder\image_01.jpg

The text to display is set as $N and the first slide will display Dog as its title, and so forth.

Comment

@Mij,
              Thanks for taking the time. Of course I'm talking about /slideshow=textfile.txt, and of course you can display label in slideshow mode, it will be overlayed on top of the image with optional text background.
              The whole point is that I don't want to modify the images or their names.
              Passing pipe-delimited options in the textfile.txt should be easy to for IV developers to parse and process. Although an XML would be much better.
              I'm a coder myself, I know what I'm talking about. Just too busy to write my own viewer.

Comment

Working...
              X