Irfanview 64-bit has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview 64-bit has stopped working

Hi, I have 3 computers running IrfanView 4.44 64-bit on Windows 10 (2 on 10 Pro 1 on 10 Home). The computer running Home is a 64-bit machine running a 32-bit version of 4.44. I've been running the current version since January. Also, I've been running various versions of IrfanView on a dozen machines since 1997.

Here's my issue... within the last week, on 2 out of 3 computers (1 Pro, 1 Home) IrfanView has stopped running videos. It still does images fine just no video. Every time I try to run a video, it says "IrfanView 64-bit has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" and shows a green progress bar. Then another box comes up and says "IrfanView 64-bit has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." After that my only option is to check a Close program box. It doesn't tell me what the problem is, or why it stopped. Just that it did and it's closing the program. Has anyone encountered this? My third computer which really has a similar set up, just has better hardware runs Irfanview 4.44 fine... at least for today.

I had the same problem (Irfanview 32bit v4.44).
    The video would run if I selected the External viewer in the Video/Sound tab of properties/Settings but if I selected the Internal viewer using DirectShow the program crashed.
    I tried all sorts of things with no success. Finally I updated my copy of the K-Lite Codecs pack and that fixed the problem.

I always install and update K-Lite and quite a lot of other programs from Ninite.com so I can be sure that they are the correct and latest versions and that no junk programs are downloaded with them. I have now saved a Ninite installer for just K-Lite so that I can quickly check and update it if it goes wrong again. I strongly suspect that it was the latest Windows 10 update that broke it. I noticed that it had changed the associations for all video formats yet again in this update.

Comment

Working...
    X