Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved multiple schematic images into one

Hello all,

I have several images of an electronics schematic that I want to stitch together into one image. Like making a panorama.
    The problem is that the individual images have parts of the previous image on them as well.
    Is there a way to show multiple images in 1 window and be able to move them over each other to eliminate the overlap?
    Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
    Rod

IrfanView is the wrong application for this task. It can be done, but will take a lot of steps.

Download the free Microsoft Image Composite Editor
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

PERFECTION!! Thank you very much!

Comment

Let us know if it worked. It's designed for stitching photos. You might have to tweak the settings to get good results with stitching diagrams, but it worked OK for me with stitching some screen shots.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Image Composite editor is very good for stitching photographic images but you do need a good overlap between adjacent images to stitch them accurately.

I myself do use Irfanview quite often to stitch images together using copy and paste techniques. There are a lot of features in Irfanview that help to do it quite efficiently but I think that would be too much to describe in this forum area. If people do want to discuss it I suggest that the technical forum area would be a better place to meet up.

Comment

Microsoft Image Composite Editor worked great for the 1st schematic I did since there was ample overlap but I have some that are going to be done manually since there is 0 overlap.

Comment

In this case you need to use two copies of IrfanView.

1. Copy the piece to be stitched to the clipboard. (Ctrl C)
              2. Extend the canvas (Shift V) of the target image enough to accommodate the new piece
              3. Make a selection the same size as the image on the clipboard (Shift C)
              4. Paste into the selection (Ctrl V)
              5. Undo, and move the selection with the cursor keys if the alignment is not right.
              6. Try again and repeat until it's right.

As I said, it can be done, but it's quite difficult to align the pieces precisely using manual methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                In this case you need to use two copies of IrfanView.

1. Copy the piece to be stitched to the clipboard. (Ctrl C)
                2. Extend the canvas (Shift V) of the target image enough to accommodate the new piece
                3. Make a selection the same size as the image on the clipboard (Shift C)
                4. Paste into the selection (Ctrl V)
                5. Undo, and move the selection with the cursor keys if the alignment is not right.
                6. Try again and repeat until it's right.

As I said, it can be done, but it's quite difficult to align the pieces precisely using manual methods.
                The Schematic pieces are from a PDF file so I will be copying the images from there and pasting them into Irfanview. I can use a few of the shortcuts you posted to help speed things along though.

Thanks for the help,
                Rod

Comment

If all the pages of the PDF are the same size then you may find either Paste Special from the Edit menu or Create panorama image.. from the Image menu more useful.

Both of those functions resize the image you are adding to match the adjacent side of the one you are adding it to, so you have to use the method Bhikkhu Pesala told you in the general case where you have images of different size and want to preserve them as they were. Incidentally there is an alternative method for 3. of holding down both Shift and Ctrl keys and Left clicking with the mouse roughly where you want to position the top left corner of the clipboard image. The selection box that appears is the size of the clipboard image but you have the option of right clicking in the box and dragging it to the exact position before pasting into the selection.

Comment

in Irfanview
                    menu - Image - Create panaroma image
                    a window will open.
                    select all the images from your disk or you can drag drop.
                    move images up down to suit your order.
                    Select Side by side (horizontal) or top to bottom (vertical)
                    click create image.
                    And you get a single image combining all your images.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X