Next file showing files from INET cache directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Next file showing files from INET cache directory

Hi, today I was looking for a replacement for the photo viewer of windows 10, and came to find the Irfanview. The problem began when I plugged in my phone to search through some images. When I opened one of the photos with Irfanview and tried to pass to another file it showed some strangers images that I didn't even know existed, images of some random place that wasn't my phone, whatever image I open I can't pass because it shows those images, then I saw the folder and its this INetCache on C:\Users...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCa che\IE\9UP3QE0G, so, what is this?

This is where the images are

This is the folder that Irfan opens

Tried to uninstall IrfanView and open with another software (honeyview) and the same thing happened, but with the default one from windows it works...

Dont know if I'm being clear, bad english
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 31.03.2017, 06:27 AM. Reason: Fixed English

It is your Internet cache, i.e. images that were on pages that you visited using Internet Explorer.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      It is your Internet cache, i.e. images that were on pages that you visited using Internet Explorer.
      But i never used IE, and why would irfan mix up my phone images with those on this IE cache folder?

Comment

Originally posted by Cart32 View Post
        But i never used IE, and why would irfan mix up my phone images with those on this IE cache folder?
        If you don't know which folders you're browsing, I am sure that no one else can know how you got there, but the path that you copied is clearly for Internet Explorer.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you don't know which folders you're browsing, I am sure that no one else can know how you got there, but the path that you copied is clearly for Internet Explorer.
          Let me clarify, if i open images from my smartphone i cant navigate between images inside the phone because the irfan create a version of the file in this INet cache, so if i click "next file" in irfan it shows the others images on cache and not the images from phone. So if i want to see other image i have to close irfan and open the other image i want. I don't know if this is normal, but it's not pratical.

Comment

I know it's late but I'd like to corroborate this problem because its forcing me to go look for a different image editor. Using Win10, I connect my iphone, and browse the directory: This PC\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\104APPLE

Double-click an image and it opens in Irfanview. Great. Press the left or right arrows to browse, and suddenly I'm looking at cached icons in: %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\XAP F1PKB. And strangely, the image that I opened on my phone appears to BE there. Now that I think about it, I've seen this behavior on my mom's android as well, but just assumed her phone had a lot of junk on it.

I tried to work around this by CCleaning my browser cache. But it still takes me to that INetCache folder, and tells me that there aren't any other images to browse to. So Cart32 isn't crazy or incompetent.

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue as original poster and seth553, and it is a relatively new occurrence. I used to be able to browse (Win10) through my iPhone photos using IrfanView, but now when I advance through them using the arrows I find that I am viewing files in ...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\{ cache}.

Comment

I cannot test this, but I forwarded a bug report to Irfan Skiljan.

Please fill in your forum profiles.

Comment

Updated profile: Win10 and IrfanView 4.42. Thanks!

Comment

I-phone madness...

Originally posted by bwphoto View Post
                    Updated profile: Win10 and IrfanView 4.42. Thanks!
                    I have the same problem. Using Win10 (Creators Update, ugh) and IranView 4.44 64 bit. Microsoft so kindly explained it ain't their problem & that they don't support other software.

Makes my almost-full Iphone 5se unable to scroll from one photo to the next. All I can see when I scroll to next pics are cached images (logos, icons) from email and the web.

Instead of scrolling through the Iphone - "This PC/Iphone/Internal Storage/DCIM and subfolders to view Iphone pics, an opened picture shows the address: "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\I NetCache\IE\CWO36184\IMG_3899[1].JPG - IrfanView"

Then, when I scroll to see the next pic, it's a logo from an email that I opened yesterday. The next, a Facebook icon and on and on.

Is there a way to reset something so that IrfanView can view one Iphone photo after another? (Maybe reset the address to: This PC\iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\103APPLE?)

I hope someone has some advice. Thank you!

Comment

Try the thumbnail view (shortcut T).

Comment

Try the thumbnail view (shortcut T).
                        Thank you, Bhikkhu Pesala. I plugged in my Iphone, opened "This PC\iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\103APPLE," clicked CONTROL + T and nothing happened. Then I clicked on one picture and while it was open in IrfanView, I clicked CONTROL + T and and it offered to "Add overlay text to image."

I guess it's clear I don't know at what point to click, or exactly what to add to the T to make it a shortcut. I've used shortcuts before to edit photos and some shortcuts use CONTROL and some use SHIFT, so I tried both using SHIFT + T. Nothing happened.

Seems to me that something is telling IrfanView to look for the next photo in the wrong place - Appdata instead of the Iphone folders. I'm guessing it's a registry issue that's causing the request to scroll to the next photo but in the wrong folder.

It's making it nearly impossible to clear my photos from my Iphone. Also, sometimes I need to see two pictures, going back and forth to pick the one with the best detail. Having to close one picture and go back to the Iphone folder to click the next is taking a lot of time.

I'd be happy to send screenshots of whatever, if that would help!

Thank you for trying!

Comment

Do not press ctrl, nor shift, just press "t" to open the thumbnail view.

Comment

Still not going to Iphone directory

Do not press ctrl, nor shift, just press "t" to open the thumbnail view.
                            Aha! Yes, T works if I have one photo opened. Problem is that photos are opening in: C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE. .. So I can see the one photo I opened and a bunch of icons/images from emails I've opened. Can't scroll to next photo in the Iphone folder.

Instead of: This PC\iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\103APPLE. So, using Thumbnails has me still stuck in the wrong folder. Still can no longer scroll to next photo.

Using the folder viewer in Thumbnails does not even show the Iphone folder anywhere, but I can see it listed in Windows Explorer. Has Apple cut us off? Has ms cut us off? Would it be possible to use a command to force it to stay in the Iphone directory?

So sorry to bug you, but I'd hate to have to find something other than IrfanView, because it's the best!

Thank you for helping!!!

Comment

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
                              It is impossible to view files one by one on external devices (phones and cameras) because irfanview opens files from the devices at the address \Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\, and not where they actually are.
                              Version of windows does not matter! The problem is always observed when opening files on external devices, while viewing photos on external memory cards has no problems.
                              Please find a solution!

Comment

Working...
                              X