Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug [4.44] Launching application loses focus after closing Irfanview

Hi!
    Since I think 4.44 and I think possibly a couple of earlier versions Irfanview does not return focus to the launching application.

So for instance if I open an image from Total Commander, then close it using ESC (or mouse) focus is lost and I have to Alt+Tab back to TC. The same with Windows Explorer.
    Kind of annoying and unproductive when looking at a lot of images.

This is on Windows 10 pro x64. I can't think of anything special on my system causing this.

Might be a known bug, seems kind of obvious... if so apologies...

Not able to reproduce here using Windows Explorer.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Oh and forgot to say (sorry):
      Triple monitor setup. I only open images on primary monitor.
      Using DPI scaling in Windows, 150%, 125%.

Edit; just tried complete reinstall, and also tried older versions 4.40, and same problem.
      So something must be weird on my system but can't figure out what.
      Last edited by Pathduck; 31.03.2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I've testing some more, and turns out it's bloody Avast again messing stuff up - this time it was the 'Gaming mode' thinking Irfanview was a 'game' (since it can be run fullscreen), and stealing focus, even though I actually didn't run it full-screen.

I've opened a support request on Avast, and disabled 'game mode' for Irfanview.
        Getting kind of tired of stuff like this from Avast, thinking of changing...

Sorry for the trouble.
        <3 Irfanview, best image viewer ever (since ACDSee became a bloated mess).

Comment

Working...
        X