Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exiting full screen mode on Windows tablet without keyboard - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exiting full screen mode on Windows tablet without keyboard - how?

I like to using Irfanview in full screen mode to give private slide shows on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Win 10x64) . Now that its keyboard has become flaky, how would I exit the full screen mode without access to the "Esc" key (short of rebooting it!)? Something like a double tap with two fingers as a substitute would be great!

Middle-click works with my desktop. Does the tablet have an equivalent of middle-click?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Not sure what a "middle-click" would be. Tapping on the screen anywhere will either advance to the next or retreat to the previous image. I did just find a laborious work-around by tapping the Windows icon, which brings up the apps and programs tiles. If I start a second instance of Irfanview, it seems to kick the first instance out of full screen mode, and then I can quit both. Not clean, but it works.

Comment

Have you tried clicking/tapping in the top right corner of the screen? - That's how it works on a mouse-operated system anyway.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
        X