No announcement yet.

Cannot find the proper settings to a simple but very annoying problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Cannot find the proper settings to a simple but very annoying problem

[SOLVED] For the past years, when using Irfanview, it always opened in maximal mode full screen mode, whether I wanted a blank screen, or clicked on an image.

I must have changed something in the Properties/Settings and now, when I click the icon to open the program, the window is minimized in the upper left corner of the screen. When I click on an image to open, the windows encloses the image and rests on the left side of the screen instead of opening in full window mode.

Which settings have to be selected/deselected to return to the full screen mode on opening? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ineuw; 22.04.2017, 10:06 PM. Reason: solved
    Irfanview 4.54, Win 10 Pro 64bit 16gb RAM, Intel UHD graphics

In MS-Windows, the window of an application can be minimized, normal, or maximized.
    The window you now have is a normal window. Use the square box on the upper right side or doubleclick on the titlebar to maximize the window.
    If you close the maximized window, it will be maximized the next time you start Irfanview. At least it works this way on my PC.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
      In MS-Windows, the window of an application can be minimized, normal, or maximized.
      The window you now have is a normal window. Use the square box on the upper right side or doubleclick on the titlebar to maximize the window.
      If you close the maximized window, it will be maximized the next time you start Irfanview. At least it works this way on my PC.
      Kuki Dent, thanks for your speedy reply. What you wrote about windows sizing, etc. has also been my knowledge and experience with Windows for the past 27 years, except that it didn't work because something corrupted. So, I uninstalled Irfanview, deleted the related folders, and re-installed everything and now it works. Thanks again validating my Windows knowledge.
      Irfanview 4.54, Win 10 Pro 64bit 16gb RAM, Intel UHD graphics

Comment

Working...
      X