Additional Text/Pattern Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Additional Text/Pattern Options

If you create index prints you can use text/pattern options. So you can use $M to include a page index (usually in the footer) in the form A / B. A always starts with 1, B is the total number of needed index print pages. Sometimes I want to include such index pages in other PDFs and therefore will count the pages myself. So it would be helpfull to be able to set A (starting page) and B (total pages) myself, maybe as:
    $M[A,B]: starts with page number A and assumes a (not changing) total of B pages. E.g. $M[87,250] would give page numbers 87 / 250, 88 / 250, .... .

You can already use $N for filename (without extension) and $N[A-B] for a partial text beginning at A and ending at B, so $N[0-5] gets the first 5 caracters from the file name. Sometimes I have pictures with a name at the beginning and an index number at the end. The name parts have different lengths but the index number part is always the same length. I want to print out only the index number part, so technically the last x characters of the filename, maybe as:
    $N[-B]: get last B characters from the filename. If filename would be "whatsever-12345.jpg" then $N[-5] would result in "12345".

This two simple additions would really fit my needs. Thanks for reading.
Working...
X