No announcement yet.

Two problems: Files Counted in Reverse & Double Zoom in for One Keypress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Two problems: Files Counted in Reverse & Double Zoom in for One Keypress

I've been tolerating two minor but irritating problems, but no longer.

Problem 1: Files are numbered and viewed in reverse. I have the very useful file counter enabled in the toolbar of my installation, however it works in reverse. Browsing forward shows the file number in the current folder decreasing and browsing back shows the file number increasing.

Problem 2: Zooming in key press by key press results in two zoom steps closer as opposed to one. Zooming back out works correctly.

I'm running Irfanview under Wine in Ubuntu 16.04. The only issue that I know of due to running IV this way are problems selecting an area to zoom into or crop to using the selection tool. I don't know if Wine has anything to do with the above problems. They are minor but become a major irritation after a full day's use.

Thank you for any help or suggestions solving these problems.

Ch. Br.

Problem 1: Options menu, Sort directory files, and uncheck "Descending."

Problem 2: What have you selected in Properties/Settings, Zoom
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Problem 1: solved. Thank you. I often overlook the other menu entries and go right to 'P.'

Problem 2: I reset all the settings for zoom and I'm still getting the double step zooming in and the single step zooming out. Right now its set to fixed table (default) and 10% steps.

Comment

I am also using a Table with fixed steps, which I simplified to:

3;10;25;50;100;150;200;250;300;400;500;600;700;800 ;900;1000;1200;1400;1600;2000;3000;

All seems to work as expected.

Please copy and paste your table values here.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

ok:

3;10;14;16;19;21;25;28;33;38;43;50;57;66;76;87;100 ;115;132;150;174;200;230;260;300;350;400;450;500;6 00;700;800;900;1000;1200;1400;1600;2000;3000;

Comment

I cannot reproduce the problem with those values either.

Comment

Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatebrownie View Post
                Should I uninstall and reinstall?
                I doubt that would make any difference. Try a different keyboard.

Comment

i had just plugged in a usb keyboard before checking the forum and then i saw your post. it took me a few minutes to realize i already had another keyboard!

anyway, it behaves exactly the same. when pressed the + key caused two zoom in steps. i also tried typing into a notepad program and receive one + character for each press of the + key.

its not the keyboard. what do you suggest?

Comment

Not much can be done to fix bugs that cannot be reproduced.

Zoom to selection is pretty useful. Drag a selection and left click in it.

Ctrl + Mousewheel is another method.

Comment

No problem. I can live with this. It only occurs on the little tablet I use. Running IV on a full laptop under Wine/Ubuntu is problem free. However under wine on all hardware there is the common problem of the selection tool working only sometimes when the image is fit to screen. That probably won't be fixed anytime soon, but its also not a problem. In life there are only suffering and problems when we choose to see them as such.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X