Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deactivate load next image in directory!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deactivate load next image in directory!!!!

Hello. My first post!

This is me reporting from New Zealand. Waaaaay down south. It's Autumn here and the days sunny, nights are cool....

Anyway.

So I am working on an image and Accidentally click the mouse wheel.

The image is GONE and replaced by whatever is next in the dir.

This is a major problem!

Can I turn off that feature??? I like my mouse wheel so I don't want to glue it still... right.

Help?

I just lost my last great bit of cyber art.... It prompted me to come here.
    So that is good! Sort of.

I use IV a lot - for pixel mangling! I love it. Yey!

Where do we post picture?

love from

5ynth3t1k.

xxx
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.04.2017, 07:05 AM.

Hi Synth2t1k
    Suggestion
    Options > Properties/Settings > Browser/Editing > Browsing
    Untick "Jump to next image if page keys or mouse wheel used (if vertical scrollbar visible)"
    Al

Comment

It is more convenient to enable "Ask to save changes on program exit or file/image change" in Properties/Settings, Start/Exit options.

Use the insert image option above the message reply to add an image. Choose an image, then click to upload it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ask to Save Changes.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	81639
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello Al,
        my good person,
        have a large brandy on me.

I have unticked that check box!
        Now I can use my mouse without fear.

"Jump to next image if page keys or mouse wheel used (if vertical scrollbar visible)"

It's like, well, like being free of fear. : )

AMAZING!

Brilliant!

Salute!

5yn.

Comment

Thank you Bhikkhu for your advice!

I am probably going to stick with the unchecking the box solution as it seems the most appropriate to my use of IV. : )

Salute!

- 5yn.

PS. I finished filling in my profile! TY.

Comment

The latest version is 4.44.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Don't celebrate too soon. It is only a partial solution and you need to use it with care. There are still plenty of ways of accidentally jumping to the next image even with that box unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                Don't celebrate too soon.
                Well said indeed:

Comment

I thought you might be interested to see the table below of what the hotkeys and mouse wheel do when the "Jump to next image if page keys or mouse wheel used (if vertical scrollbar visible)" box is unchecked. As you can see if the image is fitted into the window, and no scrollbars are visible at the bottom or right hand side of the screen, then all keys and mouse wheel actions cause jumps to another image.
                  If you zoom in enough for both scrollbars to become visible all actions are scrolls. It is the in-between states, where just one scrollbar is visible, that causes the problems.

Name:	Present actions.png
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	81643

I used the diagram during a long interchange of emails with Irfan Skiljen trying to persuade him to make some changes. The boxes highlighted in red were the ones I wanted him to change to what are in the table attached below. Those highlighted in green were just suggestions.
                  He replied that he thought making any changes would just confuse existing users who, he claims, know how it works.

Name:	Proposed changes.png
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	81644

Incidentally all these actions also apply when you are displaying an image in full screen mode except, of course, that you then have to guess what scrollbars would be displayed because in full screen you cannot see them.
                  Last edited by Mij; 27.04.2017, 09:51 PM. Reason: Scroll left corrected to Scroll down in one box

Comment

Working...
                  X