Missing animated GIF frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Missing animated GIF frames

I downloaded this animated GIF and opened it in IrfanView, but the program didn't show all of the image frames:

To check if the problem was IrfanView, I ran some tests with the downloaded GIF:

- Opened it in three different browsers: Chrome, IE, and Maxthon. Result: OK.
    - Opened it in a different viewer: XnView portable. Result: OK.
    - Opened it in Mac Preview. Result: OK.
    - Opened it on an Android smartphone. Result: OK.
    - Used the Option > Extract all frames command in IrfanView. Result: not OK. Not all frames were extracted.

Then I downloaded the GIF again, but without the resize parameters, and this time all was OK with IrfanView:

So it seems the problem has to do with these URL size parameters—and IrfanView.

This happens on a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional system.

Would you please check if it's only me or really an IrfanView bug? TIA.
    Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i7 • 12 GB RAM
    Laptop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i5 • 6 GB RAM
    IrfanView 4.60 • 32-bit

I can confirm the issue. I sent a report with the two images to Irfan Skiljan.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan Replied:

Some LZW errors (or "tricks") won't be ignored/fixed and such frames are skipped or decoding will be aborted.

It doesn't matter if program X can read it, the LZW code is buggy ... and some errors will not be "fixed" by others.
      It is better to stop bad LZW code than to risk an overflow or crash.

If you take a good GIF-Animation-Creator program and resave the GIF, it will be probably OK and IrfanView will also play it.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X