Unable to access forum with Firefox due to Invalid Security Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to access forum with Firefox due to Invalid Security Certificate

Firefox refuses to connect to https://irfanview-forum.de and gives the error message (because the site is claiming to be an https site)

irfanview-forum.de uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.capella.uberspace.de, capella.uberspace.de Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Firefox refuses to allow the exception to be over-ridden.

IE throws up the error, but allows access as an exception.

The site was OK a day or two ago.

I did not know where else to post ...

I'm getting the same error about bad certificate in all browsers. I was able to add an exception in Firefox 22. Maybe they removed this option in recent versions. In Opera the current SSL also causes high CPU usage the first time the connection is established (after I click on Approve certificate).

This public website is taking "security" way too seriously, also with the enforced password expiry, which only causes one to recycle other passwords... There is nothing to protect on a forum about a freeware program.

Comment

It appears to be back now in both Firefox and Chrome.

In the thread "Bad certificate for forum site", in the Feedback area above' you will see that this is a regular event. Since it last happened near the start of February it looks as though the certificate has to be renewed every 3 months and our Administrator (Stefan) often takes several days to arrange it. This site does not attract the numbers of users that it once did and we probably cannot expect that he drops everything that he is doing to respond immediately.

It has always come back eventually. I just wait until it does.

Comment

Working...
      X