Thread: Very Less Activity!

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.42
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Default Very Less Activity!

Hello! Time was when this Forum used to be very active - but these days, not much action... What could be the reason, how to increase Memberships and promote discussion?? Do put heads together!!
    --- Push the Envelope... lest it push you out!! ---

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Your last activity was on 08.11.2016 so whose fault is that?

The rest of us have been visiting the forum daily to answer questions, at least until the recent problem with Certificate renewal, which happens regularly every three months, making the forum inaccessible for several days.

I am sure that that does not help.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win Server 2003 SP1
    CPU Cores

I tend not to visit forums that run heavy software and SSL encryption that is slow on my older computer running Opera 12 (there is an issue with few sites that cause the browser to be stuck in a loop upon connecting for longer than typical). If there are browsers that do not allow to easily (or at all) bypass invalid certificates, then that is seriously messed up. This removes control from the user, and makes them accept whatever the server/browser/big corporations have decided and configured.

Normally, I would check a forum several times a day for new threads, and 95% of those attemps would not give me anything useful, except irriate with the appreciable lag. A number of forums have recently switched over to heavy engines or new versions of them.

Here support requests were usually answered by professional members. The forum was never much for social small talk. I might want to post how much I loathe SSL and color profiles...

Thread Information