Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Split multipage tiff into smaller size using page append, but keep compression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split multipage tiff into smaller size using page append, but keep compression.

I am trying to split a very large multi-page tiff file into smaller files of a set size by looping through a process that uses the /append option to add a page one at a time to the file and check its size. I have it working fine when the tiff file contains bitonal pages saved with G4 Compression, as it is using the settings in the ini file. The problem is I now need to adapt it to handle tiff files containing 8 bit greyscale images saved with JPG compression. If I run it currently, it converts the pages to bitonal with G4 compression. Is there a way to add options to the command line to force it to keep the 8 bit greyscale JPG images as they are and just append it? I tried adding switches to the command line to force tiff/jpg and 8BPP, but they are just ignored. I also tried deleting the ini file in the irfanview directory, but then the output files end up with no compression at all. I also tried changing the TIFF section of the ini file to specify Save Compression=6, but that converts the files to 24bpp jpg images and increases the file size by 50%. Below is a sample of the command my program is using and a little of the logic.

C:\Program Files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe c:\temp\origfile.tif /page=1 /silent /killmesoftly /append=origfile_001.tif
    Check Size
    C:\Program Files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe c:\temp\origfile.tif /page=2 /silent /killmesoftly /append=origfile_001.tif
    Check size
    And so on till the size limit is reached at which time the destination file counter is incremented by one and a new file started.
    C:\Program Files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe c:\temp\origfile.tif /page=23 /silent /killmesoftly /append=origfile_002.tif

So how do I change the options in the ini file or add the switches to the append command line to make this work?

Thanks for the help!

After communicating with Irfan on this issue, saving to tif with jpg compression forces any image to 24bpp mode.

Comment

Working...
    X