Animated GIF the same behavior like normal image in the slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported Animated GIF the same behavior like normal image in the slideshow

For me, it is more likely bug, but probably it is just a missing feature, so I added it as a feature request here.

During the slideshow is possible by pressing 'F' to change scale mode and pause animation by Pause button.
    But none of these functions works with GIF animations, which is really sad.

Is it possible make this consistent also for GIF animations?

Is there some technical issue with it?

Comment

I guess there is a technical issue.

The keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Plus can be used to zoom in, but animated GIFs reset to 100% when they loop back to the start.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No, if you zoom in by Ctrl + Plus it remain the same all the time until you switch to next image.
        So zooming working correctly.
        It just ignores settings of scale mode.

And why Pause button is ignored is a mystery for me.

Comment

Animated GIF bug in slideshow

"Fit to screen" can not be applied to animation GIF in slideshow

Option > Properties/Settings > Full Screen/Slideshow > Full Screen/Slideshow display options
          The current setting is "Fit to screen: All images / movies", but all animation GIF is the original size

I want to apply to animation GIF "Fit to screen: All images / movies" in slideshow

Version 4.51 - 64bit

*Use Google Translate

Comment

Moved to the correct forum and merged with this previous thread.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Option to fit animated GIFs to screen in fullscreen

For fullscreen mode, I have option 3--"Fit to screen all images/movies"--selected. This works great for images EXCEPT for animated GIFs. They remain their native size even in fullscreen mode.

can resize animated GIFs when not in fullscreen mode using the zoom feature. So it would seem that Irfanview already has the ability to do what I'm suggesting, it just needs to have that option enabled for fullscreen mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                I guess there is a technical issue.

The keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Plus can be used to zoom in, but animated GIFs reset to 100% when they loop back to the start.
                Mine don't. Either that, or this aspect has been fixed by Irfanview 4.53. I can resize an animated GIF with Ctrl+scroll wheel or by setting the zoom. The GIF remains zoomed. The only thing that doesn't work is putting the GIF in fullscreen mode. Then the GIF goes back to its native size. It won't zoom automatically and, as far as I can tell, can't be zoomed manually either. Ctrl+scroll wheel in fullscreen behaves exactly as scroll wheel without Ctrl. It goes to the next or previous image.

Comment

Hi. I tested it now on 4.54 and it still not work, so this is still valid

During the slideshow is possible by pressing 'F' to change scale mode and pause animation by Pause button. But none of these functions works with GIF animations, which is really sad.

So I don't understand what does mean "Supported" flag?
                  Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 05.01.2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

It is not a bug, but a feature request. Please read the sticky thread.

Comment

Sorry. Now I understand.
                      It's hard to say if it is really not bug. From user point of view, there is no reason why 'F' and 'Pause' should work differently for JPG and GIF.
                      That it is more likely bug.
                      But I understand that from a developer point of view displaying GIF images are implemented in a different way, so it needs additional handlig to add 'F' and 'Pause' support there.

Comment

Yes. From a developer's point of view a bug is only unintended behaviour caused by a fault in the code; not some design inconsistency or missing feature. See the sticky thread on bugs if you want to report a genuine bug report that won't just be rejected by the program's author.

Comment

Working...
                        X