Missing Crop Box Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Missing Crop Box Lines

Recently I apparently changed something that caused me to lose the crop box that appears when you click and drag to designate an area. I've looked through the various menus, but so far I haven't been able to find anywhere to turn the lines back on. I can turn the assorted selection grids on and off with no problem, and although I can outline and crop with a click and drag, the box remains invisible or missing. Any suggestions?

Irfanview 4.44, Window 10 Home, Intel i7-6700

I am not aware of any settings that would do this.

Try reinstalling or try the 64-bit version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That's not good news. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Irfanvew, 64 bit version, before posting the question. I wonder if it's possible that some settings remain when the program is uninstalled and then are picked up and used by the reinstalled version.

Comment

Try the 32-bit version then.

The settings are stored in AppData. Just move them to temporary folder, then restart IrfanView. If there's no change, move them back again.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks Bhikkhu. Deleting the .ini file and restarting IrfanView restored the crop lines. Apparently something in the .ini controlled whether the lines were displayed, although when i looked in the old file there was nothing obvious that would have such an effect. In any case, all is well now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X