No announcement yet.

HEIF plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since all other HEIF/HEIC threads are closed I'm showing my interest for support for this format in this thread. It goes without saying that the demand for a HIEF-viewer is rapidly increasing as more and more people are upgrading their phones. I assume most people who use IrFanView will want to have this as their sole image viewer I think we should all get on our knees and ask the mighty Irfan to look into the possibility to support this format.

Comment

Windows Imaging Component (which supersedes DirectShow) is not specific to Windows 10. It appeared first in Vista. And for info, the CopyTrans HEIF codec works perfectly under Win 7.

Unfortunately, I don't think IrfanView ever supported DirectShow, let alone WIC. That's a shame because it would open access to many other formats which IrfanView wouldn't have to natively implement.
      Core 2 Quad Q9600 3.4 GHz | Radeon RX 280X 3 GB | DDR2 8.0 GB | Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit | IrfanView 4.51

Comment

I am moving to XnView (they have plugin for HEIC support) until IrfanView gets support for this format.
        I don't like interface of XnView as much as of IrfanView (personally I think IV is just perfect, very comfortable to use and I know all keyboard shortcuts) but lack of now very popular format is unfortunately a deal breaker to leave for a moment (hopefully!) IrfanView.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
          I am moving to XnView (they have plugin for HEIC support) until IrfanView gets support for this format.
          It puzzles me why anyone would bother to register with a product's support forum just to say that they are moving to another product. The IrfanView developer does not even visit this user-to-user forum, as far as I know.

Send an email to Irfan Skiljan if you want to know if he has any more to say than he said six months ago.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I bothered cause I was looking for solution and I found a "workaround". Maybe someone will use it as well. That's what is forum for - to help people. It's absolutely not to put a needle to the developer. He do what he wants and my email to him won't change anything. I am just surprised other programs which are also free and Windows 10 can natively support new format but IV cannot.

I am following thread here and if by the time IV starts supporting HEIC and I won't get used to XnView I will come back to IrfanView. At the moment IV is unfortunately useless.

Comment

Our Apple 6 saves all the photos in the HEIC format. I am sure we are 1/1,000+ users of Apple 6 & newer phones. The HEIC plug in would be most welcome.

Comment

Thread can be closed.
                IV now finally and officially supports HEIF from 4.52 version. Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                X