Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use alpha blending to get smooth image transitions in slideshow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use alpha blending to get smooth image transitions in slideshow?

I'm stumped about how to get the alpha blended transitions in slideshow - everything I have tried hasn't worked.

I've looked at several threads including this one:

So I've gone to Properties/Settings, selected Full screen/slideshow, selected the alpha blended transition. In I've also selected full screen mode in Slideshow settings box. I've tried different jpg and gif files, different ways of opening them but still can't get anything other than a sudden transition.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

It works OK for me. Not a long transition time. About a second I would guess.
    It only works in Fullscreen mode though. If you set the Play mode to "Play in Window mode" in the slideshow dialog then it does not work.

Comment

Hi Mij, thank you for confirming that it works and it was helpful to know how long transition time is. I still can't get it, I've tried all sorts of things! Thought at one stage that not having files on local hard drive had something to do with it, but that doesn't make any difference. Upgraded to v4.44, 32 bit version to see if it would make any difference, but no improvement.

If any other ideas occur to you please let me know so I can try them.
      Last edited by Basil; 09.07.2017, 10:16 AM. Reason: Installed upgraded version to see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Working...
      X