Shortcut to jump to an image number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortcut to jump to an image number

Skip or jump to a particular image number in the browse list. I can't find a mention of it in keyboard shortcut help or elsewhere.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.07.2017, 08:30 PM.

Type the image number in the Current directory index field and press Enter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34.png
Views:	1
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	81710

Click image for larger version

Name:	34 of 46.png
Views:	1
Size:	962.5 KB
ID:	81711
    If the Current directory index field is not displayed, go to Settings, Toolbars.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Is there a way to do this in fullscreen mode, without losing fullscreen view of the image?

I'd like to seamlessly jump to a specific image, just as I can do it with <Ctrl>-(<Shift>)-[0-9], but the +-10 file number skipping is not enough for my case. I'm free to presort the files by renaming them, but I don't know the order of the files to show up during the fullscreen session before it starts.

If there's no way to do it, what do you think, would it be worth to request such a feature? Or are there better ways to silently jump to a specific image in fullscreen mode?
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 31.07.2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dres View Post
        If there's no way to do it, what do you think, would it be worth to request such a feature?
        No, to be honest, I don't think it is worth requesting such a feature. One can simply use Windowed mode and hide the status, title, and menu bars.

If you have two monitors, you can use the Thumbnail view on one monitor and display the images fullscreen on the secondary monitor.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your reply and the correction.

In fact I'm using a COM server in Matlab (which can not display borderless fullscreen images) to control IrfanView. I need to run some kind of randomized slide show, on a single monitor, without interrupting the fullscreen impression. I guess I'll have to use some heavyweight presentation software instead.

Comment

Working...
          X