Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected Support for Affinity Photo's afphoto format

Hi Guys

I feel that Affinity Photo is getting more and more attention within the community. How about IrfanView supporting Affinity's ".afphoto" file format? Is anything happening in this direction?

Best
    The Relic

I would say that the chances of support for this are zero. Photo Editor's like Affinity Photo use layers, and IrfanView only views flat bitmaps.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

But what about Photoshop? It uses layers as well and still it's PSD format is supported by IrfanView. So what's different about Affinity Photo?

Comment

Photoshop layers are not supported by IrfanView. IrfanView only opens Photoshop files as flattened bitmaps.

You can export afphoto images as JPG or PNG and open those in IrfanView.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.07.2017, 03:59 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

"Read" Support for Affinity Photo

Been using Irfanview since forever. I really like that it can display a ~2 GB layered Photoshop file in seconds. I recently switched from Photoshop to Affinity Photo and it's really the only format on my drive that Irfanview can't handle. Not looking to do any editing to these files - just want to be able to view it within Irfanview.

Comment

Feel free to send the request to Irfan Skiljan, but I have a feeling that he will either reject it outright or say “If someone writes a plugin for it.”

Let us know what he says and I will update the thread’s status.

Comment

Originally posted by Falco View Post
              it can display a ~2 GB layered Photoshop file in seconds
              Disable "Maximize PSD and PSB file compatibility", save PSD and try again :-D
              IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

Affinity Photo / Designer / Publisher

I found an old request which is 3 years old about Affinity Photo.

As Affinity Software is more popular meanwhile and will be much more in the future, I want to bring up the request again to support these file formats.

Comment

Nothing has changed in the last three years.

If someone sends the request to Irfan Skiljan and lets us know what he said, I will update the thread’s status. At best, you will be able to view Affinity Photo files, as editing or saving them requires support for layers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                    If someone sends the request to Irfan Skiljan
                    How can I do that?

Comment

Working...
                    X